Tuesday 30 October 2012

My UFO - You Be the Judge

UFO photoI don't know what this was, but I've been looking out my sun room window a lot the last while because I've been watching all the wildlife (elk, deer, coyotes) wandering through our south field.  I first saw this a little over a week ago, but that morning there were two.  One in the spot where this one was and the other dead south.  I recorded it on my cell phone but the video is far from good. 

This morning only one was back!  It was in a southeast direction about 30 degrees off the horizon.  I sent my husband a text message.  He was about 30 minutes away working in town and he saw it too.   The sun was just coming up and you could see it change from white to blue to red.  It very well might be a satellite as it doesn't really seem to move.
 
 
Our weather has been very overcast here and the sky has been blocked by thick clouds for nearly a week.  It very well could have been showing up every morning for the last week.  I have no way of knowing.  This morning was the first clear morning in a very long time.

I shot the video with my regular camera.  There are a couple of dead pixels in it so if you see a dot or two of white, that's what you're looking at.  The flashing light is what I'm talking about.  And the two still photos, they are from the video.
 
As a quick final note, when I came back after 20 minutes it was gone.  My thoughts are if it's a satellite maybe the sun came up more and the angle was wrong for the reflection.  And also so you know,  I have SkyView and Sputnik apps on my iPhone.  None of them showed this as being a planet or a satellite.
 
I've included the video I shot.  I removed all of the sounds but other than that the video is unedited and is exactly as I shot it.
 

Let me know what you think!

The final photo is of the same spot in the sky only 20 minutes later.  There is absolutely no sign of it at all.  As bright as it was, one would think it could still be seen.



No comments:

Post a Comment